The Bill of Rights is a collection of the first 10 amendments of the US Constitution.
It contains the following amendments:
- 1st Amendment: Freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition
- 2nd Amendment: Right to bear arms
- 3rd Amendment: Protection against the quartering of soldiers in your home
- 4th Amendment: Unreasonable searches and seizures prohibited
- 5th Amendment: Right not to self-incriminate. Double Jeopardy. Right to due process and protection of property
- 6th Amendment: Right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury
- 7th Amendment: Right to confront witnesses and have legal counsel
- 8th Amendment: Excessive bail and fines prohibited; cruel and unusual punishment banned
- 9th Amendment: Powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved for the states or the people
- 10th Amendment: Powers of the Constitution apply to the states and the people, not just the federal government.
Why Another Bill of Rights PDF?
This PDF version of the Bill of Rights has been prepared by constitutionus.com using a revised version of the constitution, which includes its amendments.
We wanted to make this PDF as accessible as possible and have therefore refrained from commentary or other explanations. If you require such, you can find information on the US Constitution and its amendments at https://constitutionus.com.
Download Bill of Rights PDF:
Copyright of this Bill of Rights PDF
You are free to share this Bill of Rights PDF, although you are always advised to download it from this website for the latest version.
Once the PDF is downloaded, feel free to print it or create a free pocket version of the Bill of Rights.
How do I download the Bill of Rights PDF to my computer?
Once it is downloaded, you may be able to open it by just double-clicking the file name. It will give you a choice of which program to open it with.
If that doesn’t work, then you should download Adobe PDF Reader for free from here.
Once the program is installed, try and double-click on the Bill of Rights PDF, which should now open successfully.